Monday, September 3, 2012

Scenery of a Party!

       I just realized it's September, and it's Labor Day! Happy Labor day guys! It's also my second post of the month, and because I didn't acknowledge it in my other post, I am now! I am now about to describe a moment I had yesterday which was September 2, 2012. I'm wearing white shorts, a strapless navy blue top with a white flower pattern all over, and a navy blue tank top underneath that.
       I walk into a large room. It has 4 white walls. On the left, there's a glass window. Through the window I can see the five forest green shrubbery bushes. The sky is sky blue with a few fluffy clouds as far as I can see. Towards the back wall, I see white tables which have the metal legs with black table clothes. On the tables I see silver balloons in the shape of a one and three with the red and black strings attached. Of course they have the black chairs on the beige tile floor underneath the tables.
      Near the right wall, I see tables with food galore! There's red punch in clear, glass jugs, purple and green grapes with jack cheese in the middle of the the platter, chips and salsa, chocolate and vanilla cupcakes arranged into the shape of the numbers one and three, a chocolate cake with with the words happy birthday written across in red icing, meatballs in a tangy sauce, fried chicken, and much more.
     On the wall I'm closest to, there's a man blasting hip-hop,rap, and dance music. In the middle of the floor I see people dancing in their on styles clad in colorful clothes. Some people doing the fist pump, stanky leg, jerk, and many other modern day dances. That was my scenery this past weekend at a birthday party for someone turning thirteen.

3 comments:

  1. This sounds like one heck of a party. I would love to enjoy some of those cupcakes. Im sure you saw some flamboyant people working their stanky leg.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good details, Porscha! One way to make those details work a little harder is to use stronger verbs than "see," "have," and "is." For example: "Red punch fills clear glass jugs, green grapes and jack cheese overflow off of platters, and chocolate and vanilla cupcakes form the shape of the numbers one and three."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this post! The mood is really happy and I can understand the scene you are describing. In fact, it makes me a little bit hungry...

    ReplyDelete