Monday, September 17, 2012

Literacy Narrative Ideas

       For English, we have to write a literacy narrative about how reading and writing has changed our opinions on things or we could just have a neutral feeling or opinion about what reading and writing has done for us. I think I will mainly focus on how I learned how to write my name when I was in Pre-K. That's the only thing I can really remember that may have changed me in some way pertaining to reading and writing.
       I remember that I was in Pre-K at a school that I think my cousin owned. I was in Mrs.or Ms. (I can't remember if she was married or not) Butler's class. We had practiced over and over again writing out letters on the paper with large, long lines, and we had to trace over the dotted alphabet. I think this was important to me because if I didn't know how to write or spell my name, I wouldn't have a way to identify myself on paper.

3 comments:

  1. That sounds promising, Porscha. Keep thinking about significance and why this experience was significant to you specifically.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good idea Porscha. But I have already read your essay and it was fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like it will be a really good paper Porscha. I haven't seen your paper yet, so just make sure that what you put is clear and vivid, but I think it will be.

    ReplyDelete