Sunday, September 23, 2012

Final Reading Response To Three Little Words

         I have finished reading Three Little Words: A Memoir by Ashley Rhodes-Courter. A lot of things go well for Ashley in the end. I also have found out what the three little words meant that she is referring to in her title. She was referring to when she said, "I guess so." when she agreed to stay with her new adoptive family, and her whole life turned around and became great for her. I think she should have been a little more appreciative towards the family when they adopted her, and she should have given a fonder response when the court asked her if she wanted to stay with them.
       Ashley gets in contact with her biological family, and that's pretty good for her since they got along well and stuff. Also, she goes on to college with a full-time scholarship. She entered contest, and many papers she wrote about her life in the system were published, and even this book derived from one of the papers. I think Ashley is really blessed that she got those adoptive parents that stuck with her to the end throughout all the difficulties Ashley  gave them in the beginning.
       This book was good, and this is the first book I've read about foster care, court, and adoptive situations.

         P.S.- I reread about 70 pages so I could have read for 2 1/2 hours.
   
         9/18- 33 min., 9/19- 60 min., 9/22- 45 min., 9/23- 20 min., pages- 258- 316 + 70

          Total: 158 minutes, 128 pages

1 comment:

  1. Hey Porscha! I am not familiar with this book. Who is the author and is this a series? I think I remember you saying you like chick-lit books (though perhaps I am wrong), and that's not really my favorite genre, but I'm still curious.

    ReplyDelete