Monday, September 10, 2012

First Reading Response to Three Little Words: A Memoir

       Hello all. I have been reading this pretty good book that I got from the school library. It's in good condition and it looks like the school library just got the book. Anyway, the book is called Three Little Words: A Memoir, and the author is Ashley Rhodes-Courter. Yes, she is the main character in the book and the author. It's about how she ventures through many different foster cares, switches homes, loses trust, and goes through many different case workers because her father wasn't in her life and her mother was locked up in jail for multiple different in-fractions.
      This book is cool to me so far because with this type of book I can learn something of great value because of the hard times Ashley had went through. I can learn to value my possessions better and appreciate what I own because within an instant, the items could be stripped from my life. I really think this book could send a message to many people, even if you aren't or weren't a foster or adoptive child. I can say that it's essential to be grateful for what you possess and appreciate the delicacies of life.

  9/8/12- 70 min., 9/9/10- 60 min., 9/10/12- 25 min., pages 1-138
  Total: 155 minutes, 138 pages

2 comments:

  1. I can see that you can really relate to Ashley"s situation. Also, as you are reading you are contrasting her situation against yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that you are learning things from this book. But, make sure while reading it tell us how you feel about her situation and how it relates to you.

    ReplyDelete