Monday, March 25, 2013

Literacy Analysis

    I've decided to revise my literacy analysis paper. For one, I got a low B on it which was the lowest grade out of all three papers. I also think I could do way better on it. It seems, to me, that I didn't summarize the story, but since Dr. D said I did, I guess I could improve the order of my story. That would fall in the organization category for a trait of good writing.
     The other trait of good writing I would focus on would be content. As I'm reading more of the comments on my paper, I do see what she means about the summarizing. I should add more of my own thoughts. I should also support my quotations more. In my mind, the things I'm trying to say are already supported by the quotes, but that's something I need to change. Besides those two traits, we all need to work on word choice and conventions because that's something you would need to do anyway.

Reading Times: (Fallout by Ellen Hopkins) 3/19- 20 minutes, 3/20- 20 minutes, 3/21- 15 minutes, 3/22- 15 minutes, 3/24- (Jane Goodall Post) 25 minutes, 3/25- 30 minutes, 3/25 (this post, turnitin)- 30 minutes
Total: 155 minutes

1 comment:

  1. So you will look primarily at ideas and organization in your literary analysis? I think that's a good plan, and I look forward to reading your revision.

    ReplyDelete