Monday, March 11, 2013

Free Post: Track Meets

               I started track season about a month ago in January. I was kind of excited since it was my first track season as a high schooler, and I was determined to beat high schoolers from other schools in the hurdles because that was my favorite event, and I had done so in previous years. At practice, I practice sprints the most, though, instead of hurdles when I should be doing both like every other day. Even without practicing I was pretty confident that I was going to win in a meet without practice. I was wrong. During the first track meet, I didn't warm up as much as I should have so I ended up getting sixth. It happened the same way for the second track meet which was Saturday because my form was horrible even though at practice my form is good... when I actually practice the hurdles.

              Now I'm really trying to get at least third for the track meet coming up Friday. I will get at least that. I have promised myself to practice with all ten hurdles when I'm at practice. Practicing using the blocks and getting my footwork right will also be a key thing in my success. Also getting timed so I can know my speed and what things I can do to get my time faster. I am so ready. I will practice until I get a time that I know would win a meet. I have to get low on the hurdles too because that split second of jumping too high will take away on my time. I will be ready for Friday!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck porsha at the meet. I am sure you will do fine.

    ReplyDelete