Monday, March 4, 2013

Babamukuru

          That darn girl ruining my reputation with her whorish ways. How dare that girl, that Nyasha speak back to me in such a tone. I am the man, the provider, the educated of this house. No one shall go against my will, my way in that manner, and if it should go that way, both of us, her first, will never see another day.
          I shall help my brother, Jeremiah. He is not providing, therefore I will send one of his children to school so that they can have a better chance at helping out the family. The hierarchy and reputation of all our families shall remain, and I will not let it deteriorate. Everyone outside of this family will not see the the real struggle of the homestead. I will help them. I will help them all!

Reading Times: 2/26-3/1- 60 minutes of reading Nervous Conditions by Tsitsi Dangarembga. 2/26-3/1 - 60 minutes of annotating. 2/28-3/1 - 85 minutes of working on projects
Total: 205 mins

3 comments:

  1. Good work, Porscha! I like the balance you have here looking at Babamukuru's character and showing the sides of his personality.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really good porcha. This is just like Babamukuru! I especially liked the 2nd paragraph where you talked about sending one of Jeremiah's kids to school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job Porscha! I really felt like it was Babamukuru. It was a lot like him, and you really did well with the way that he sounds so helpful mad in the first paragraph but happy and generous in the second.

    ReplyDelete