Monday, August 20, 2012

Girls On Film Response

      So, I read Girls On Film by Zoey Dean. It's an A-list novel. It's a chick-lit which are the types of books I prefer. I like it personally, because I liked reading it, and I was interested in the things Dean wrote because it had me want to keep reading more at the turn of each page just because it's a chick-lit, and I'm really into those sort of books. It is about how "frienemies" had to do a school assignment together, and they chose to do a film that they had written themselves. They also had a relationship sort of thing in the plot, too, which I thought was cool.
   Girls On Film is the type of book where they have two people in a relationship or "almost relationship" and someone tries to mess it up or ruin it. Anyway, I thought it was cute how Ben, the boy in the relationship, did all that stuff for Anna, the girl in the relationship, so she wouldn't be mad at him anymore. In the end though, I do think it was the right thing to do to stay with Ben because he had put so much effort forth to get back with her, and she ignored what the enemies had to say. Also, it's good that after the climax of the book, Anna became less stubborn because she really did need to let loose a little.
     Overall, I just liked the book because it was filled with drama and romance, and the characters in it learned things in the predicament they were in. The book was good.

1 comment:

  1. Porscha, I appreciate how you are trying to weave in commentary on the plot while telling the plot. Try to make bolder claims about the characters and situation with less summarizing. It does sound like a very dramatic book! I enjoyed reading your introductory post - this is a great place to ask for advice and expertise from your classmates.

    Please make sure to remove your last name from your profile as well.

    ReplyDelete